Main Content Starts Here, tab to start navigating

About Us

Smoky's Club was founded in Madison, WI by Leonard "Smoky" Schmock and his wife Janet in 1953. The two worked at various bars and restaurants in the area before buying a supper club named Hogan's on University Avenue, just west of the University of Wisconsin campus area. In 1969, Smoky's moved a few doors down to it's current location, the former site of Justo's Supper Club, which was infamous for bootlegging during prohibition. Today, over 65 years later, Smoky's is still going strong under the Schmock's, owned by Leonard and Janet's two son's, Larry and Tom. 

Private Events

Book an Event

For all inquiries, please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch soon.

Inquire Now

Events & Press

Events and Press